GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF TENNEVA AREA, INC. OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
You must read the following rules, terms, and conditions before submitting any photo entries, and by submitting, acknowledge that you agree to these rules, terms, and conditions.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc., Goodwill Industries International, and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, contractors, and agents (hereinafter “Related Entities”), and their immediate families, are not eligible. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSORS: The Sponsor of this Contest is Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc. (GITA).
3. CONDITIONS AND METHOD OF ENTRY: By entering this Contest, you are granting GITA the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its social media and web pages, using your name, city, and state of residence. As conditions of entry into this Contest, and by uploading and entering a photo, each entrant warrants and represents that their photo complies with the official contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions. GITA has final approval of any language or content that appears on its social media pages and website, and may not promote or endorse third-party products, services, trademarked or registered articles, or language, items, or content deemed inappropriate or offensive by GITA in its sole discretion, and such images may be deemed inadmissible and corresponding entries may be disqualified. Each photo entry must be submitted by utilizing the two methods outlined below:
Via Our Website Form: Individuals may submit a photo using the online form on our Halloween Contest Landing Page located at https://www.goodwilltnva.org/the-great-goodwill-halloween-costume-contest/ Photos will be pulled into and managed in an electronic gallery accessible to GITA and a panel of judges selected by GITA. Contest entrants MUST incorporate at least one Goodwill purchase as part of their costume, comment on which part of the costume came from Goodwill, and name the Goodwill store. By entering this Contest, contestants are granting GITA the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its social media pages, website, and/or electronic gallery using the contestant's name, likeness, city, and state of residence.
Via Mail: Should entrants choose not to use the online form to submit Contest photo entries, they may be mailed to our physical address: Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc. (ATTN: Halloween Costume Contest) 2745 East Stone Drive, Kingsport, TN 37660. Mailed entries should include a photo accompanied by a signed copy of the The Great Goodwill® Halloween Costume Contest Rules, Terms, & Conditions. Entries submitted through the mail that do not include this information will be disqualified. Photos will be collected and scanned into an electronic gallery accessible to GITA and a panel of judges selected by GITA. Contest entrants MUST incorporate at least one Goodwill purchase as part of their costume and comment on which part of the costume came from Goodwill. By entering this Contest, contestants are granting GITA the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its social media pages, website, and/or electronic gallery using the contestant's name, likeness, city, and state of residence.
4. ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING: Images will be judged on creativity, composition, and acceptable standards of costume design. The judges are a panel selected by GITA. GITA shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
5. CONTEST PERIOD: Entries can be submitted starting Sunday, October 1, 2023. The deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on October 31, 2023. Winners will be announced on or before November 7, 2023.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Winners will be notified and prizes will be distributed accordingly. Prizes must be claimed by November 30, 2023. If the selected potential Prize Winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, or the Prize is undeliverable, Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. The prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and properly claimed. Eligibility and claims made by Prize Winner are subject to verification. Arrangements for prize pick-up may be made at the discretion of the winner.
7. PRIZES AND WINNING PHOTOS: Judges will select one (1) 1st place winner, one (1) 2nd place winner, and one (1) 3rd place winner. Distribution of the prizes is subject to verification of an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release by the winning entrants. The 1st place winner will receive a $75 gift card to use at any Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc. retail location along with a Prize Pack. The 2nd place winner will receive a $50 gift card to use at any Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc. retail location. The 3rd place winner will receive a $25 gift card to use at any Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc. retail location. Gift cards may be redeemed only at Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc. retail stores. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize is permitted, but GITA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason.
8. RELEASE & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless GITA and Related Entities from any and all third-party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Contest shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States and applicable state and local laws. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Each entrant in the Contest (“Entrant”) is responsible for ensuring that they have the right to submit the photos that they submit to the Contest per the established rules.
9. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a list of the Winners (available after November 7, 2023), or a copy of The Great Goodwill® Halloween Costume Contest Rules, Terms, & Conditions, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 15, 2024, to: Goodwill Industries of Tenneva Area, Inc., ATTN: Halloween Costume Contest Winners 2745 East Stone Drive, Kingsport, TN 37660. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on the outer envelope.