Sample details field from here
Below are just some of the jobs that Goodwill can offer to people seeking employment.
Visually examine clothing, lingerie, linens, etc. for rips, tears, stains, holes and styles. He or she will place saleable units into laundry bins for the hanging/tagging stations. When laundry bins are full of saleable textiles, he or she will transport to the assigned area at the hanger/tagger station. Non-saleable items will be placed into bulk delivery Gaylord for the salvage department. He or she is responsible to the Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
He or she will remove textiles from the donated textile bulk Gaylord. He or she will inspect each article for rips, tears, stains, holes and style. Saleable unites will be placed in the laundry bins for the hanger/tagger work stations and when full will be transported to the assigned area in the hanger/tagger work station area and empty laundry bin retrieved. Non-saleable units will be placed in bulk delivery Gaylord for the salvage department. Must meet and maintain production quotas on a daily basis. All other job duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Buggy of pre-sorted clothing is rolled into workstation. Hanger/Tagger has a rack of assorted hangers at work station on the left and a cart with tagging gun and colored tagger tails. Employee removes an article of clothing from buggy and attaches a colored tagger tail. The employee places article of clothing on appropriate hanger and places on Z Rack by category for Inspector to collect for shipment. Process is continued through out remainder of the work day. Production quota is 120 articles of clothing per hour to reach required shipment level. He or she is responsible to Production Manager.
Remove pre-sorted articles of clothing from buggy and attaches the assigned color tagger tail. Places article of clothing on the appropriate hanger and then places on Z Rack by category for Inspector to collect for shipment Process is continued throughout the work day. Production quota is 120 articles of clothing per hour to reach required shipment level. All other duties as assigned Production manager.
He or she must be able to understand and carry out instructions.
Able to count and do simple math.
Able to read, write, and complete simple paperwork.
Able to make independent decisions by him or herself.
Prior work experience in textiles helpful.
Job can be learned by on the job work experience and one-on-one supervision
He or she is responsible for taking a final look at the clothing inventory going out to the retail locations. Final inspector goes to the Hanger/Tagger work stations and retrieves and racks of pre-sorted/tagged clothing that are ready to be loaded into transport bins. He or she takes a final look at each article of clothing for rips, tears or stains and insures that the correct colored taggertail has been attached. Stacks transport bins by using proper method of placement. Logs numbers of clothing articles on production sheet as racks are inspected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
He or she takes the final look at each article of pre-sorted/tagged clothing prior to being placed in transport bins. He or she is checking for rips, tears or stains and insures that the proper colored taggertail has been attached. Stacks inspected articles of clothing in transport bins, using proper method of placement. He or she logs numbers of Daily Production Log. Practices and promotes SAFETY at all times. All other duties as assigned by Production Manager or Director of Operations.
Practices SAFETY at all times.
Responsible for operating the cash register, fax machine, and credit card machine accurately. He or she assists customers in a professional and courteous manner. Responsible for following all guidelines and procedures of the Push System. He or she is responsible to Manager and Assistant Manager.
1. Knowledge and Abilities
2. Training and Experience
3. License or Certificate
4. Physical/Sensory Demands
Responsible for managing and supervising all store personnel, all store operations and donor activity. He or she will be the driving force in meeting established revenue goals and budgeted expenses. He or she will communicate internal and external factors contributing to the growth and development of store performance. Professionally insure the highest level of customer and donor service is maintained. He or she will maintain and teach all guidelines and procedures of the PUSH system. He or she will maintain all company policies and procedures for store presentation, organization, quality control and floor plan. Will provide the highest level of customer service to customers and donors at all times. Will operate with the highest regard for safety and security guidelines and regulations at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Full range of motion, weight requirement, repetitive use of hands, feet, speech, hearing, and other requirements*
Goodwill Industries of Tenneva, a private nonprofit organization has been established for 43 years and has built a great reputation in our local communities. We are looking for a full-time, experienced truck driver to work approximately 40 hours a week. You will be completing all tasks and duties required delivering, loading, and unloading stock to our 13 retail stores in Southwest Virginia & Northeast Tennessee.
Tasks and duties will include:
To successfully secure this opportunity, you must:
Ideally, this position starts 7:30 am – 5:00pm depends on your daily schedule. Must be able to work overtime if needed.
Help is responsible for assisting the truck driver in backing truck into loading and unloading position at Processing Center, New Goods Processing Center, Off Season Storage, Retail locations and business and home pickup sites. Helper is responsible for assisting truck driver in picking up donated items from homes, businesses and retail locations. Responsible for separating incoming goods and placement in assigned areas and departments at the Processing Center. The team transports and delivers shipments to assigned retail location on assigned store service days. They will provide assistance in furniture assembly and minor maintenance repairs while servicing retail locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Home and business pickups: assists driver in pulling onto highway when Processing Center; watch for traffic both directions. Upon arrival at home or business for pickups, assist the driver in placing truck in proper loading positions – watch for oncoming traffic, overhangs, protruding tree limbs, etc. open rear door of truck, lower lift gate and assist the driver in carrying and loading donated items onto lift gate to be transported up onto truck. Help stage donated items and new merchandise by using quilts, securing straps, etc. to prevent movement or damage to goods in transportation to retail location. Use safety equipment provided for movement of donated items. Assists driver in re-entering highway, watch for overhangs, tree limbs, parked cars and oncoming traffic.
• Retail store shipments: assists driver in backing truck into loading dock at Processing Center and loading dock door at New Goods Processing Center. Open rear door, raise loading dock door, assist driver in properly loading shipment and supplies onto truck. Close rear door of truck and close loading dock door. Assist driver in pulling onto highway – both directions. Upon arriving at retail location, assist driver in parking truck and watch building/overhangs, parked cars and traffic. Open rear truck door and lower lift gate. Assist driver in unloading shipment and supplies and placing in assigned area in backroom of store. Assist driver in loading truck by diagram given (floor to ceiling) store returns, salvage, donations and recycling to be returned to Processing Center. Raise lift gate and close rear truck door. Assists driver in re-entering highway, watch for overhangs, tree limbs, parked cars and oncoming traffic.
• Warehousing: help with proper storage of excess textiles, proper storage of off season materials (stacks of 4 boxes high/neat and organized). Use space wisely to accommodate the amount of seasonal storage generated. Keep work area clean and orderly.
Standards for Measuring Performance
• The degree to which the above listed and other assigned duties are carried out in a prompt, thorough and acceptable manner.
• The manner in which the Truck Helper follows directions and responds to requests by the Truck Driver, Store Manager, New Goods Supervisor.
• The performance of Truck Helper in following the agencies basic transportation department guidelines.
See Transportation manual.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are respective of the knowledge, skills and/or ability.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma preferred. GED accepted.
• Must have valid driver license (health card helpful).
• MUST have clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Must have ability to read, write follow directions and keep accurate records. Truck helper must be able to
fill-in as driver in driver’s absence. MUST be polite, courteous and well-mannered and have acceptable
speech. Also, must report to work clean and neat in appearance.
On a daily basis, there will be heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and climbing in and out of truck cab and bed.
Employee will be carrying up and down stairs, hills, and driveways, etc. must have strong hands, arms legs and
back. Good health to tolerate indoor-outdoor weather changes. There will be physical work for 8 or more hours
per day. Employee MUST be able to lift 100 pounds or more. Cannot have any lifting, standing, sitting or climbing
• Hot in summer months.
• Normal lighting and production area conditions.
• Some dust and lint from incoming donated goods.
• Workspace limited by equipment and materials necessary for production.
• NOT to restrict movement; worker controls space and cleanliness.
• NO fire or safety hazards apparent.
• Aisle ways to be maintained at all times.
2017 Brookside Lane
Kingsport, TN 37660
We need your donations. Goodwill operates several stores across the area and two mobile donation centers. Every Goodwill retail store also serves as a donation center.
Click here to find your nearest store or donation center.
Click here to learn more about donating.
CARF accreditation signals a service provider's commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback, and serving the community.
For more info, please visitGoodwill.org